The Hispanic Association of Students is an organization dedicated to the exploration of all things Hispanic. It is open to everyone, regardless of race, Spanish-speaking ability, major, etc. Please feel free to join us at any of the activities we host such as the Latin Dance, Chula Vista dinners, or our weekly meetings. The calendar is posted, and updated frequently. If you would like to receive updates about upcoming activities, please email the webmaster by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. We look forward to meeting you!
-HAS Board Members
Community Service Projects/Opportunities:
- Volunteering our efforts to help at the World Heritage Fair down by the Lakes. (Offering our time to volunteer to sell buttons for the World Heritage Fair.)
- Volunteering for Wells Fargo Bank when the Mexican Consulate was here in Winona – to help people in the Latino community open up bank accounts. (Offering our language skills to help the Latino community.)
- Volunteering to entertain for From Dusk til’ Dawn to help the people who were involved in the event to stay awake. (Offering our expertise of different styles of Latin dancing to benefit a good cause.)
- Participating in Bowling For Kids’ Sake 2006 – we will be participating in this event every year from now on since it is for a good cause. (Offering our free time to fundraise money for a good cause.)
- Volunteering to entertain for Relay for Life to fill the entertainment schedule for the people organizing the event. (Offering our expertise of different styles of Latin dancing to benefit a good cause.)
- Providing a connection to volunteer to mentor through the Miller Academic Mentoring Program at the Winona High School & Middle School. (Make the difference in a student’s life; be a mentor, we have connections to help you begin!)
- Participating in Sprucing Up Winona Day April 6th. We hope to participate in the event each year.
- Promoting awareness of the Hispanic culture through cultural events such as Latin Dance, Theatre trips to the Cities, sponsoring Speakers to speak on campus.