Being a member of the WSU Student Chapter of SHRM is 100% free! In order to be an active student member you must attend at least two SHRM functions every month and one community service event each semester. Pleast take a look at our Attendance Policy below.
If you would like to be a National SHRM member you can go to this site and register on-line. There is a fee of about $30 for students, but the membership offers you a variety of benefits including access to HR job postings, a subscription to the SHRM Magazine, many valuable articles for classes, and networking opportunities.
- SHRM speakers are valued at 10 points each.
- SHRM community service events are valued at 10 points each.
- SHRM fundraiser events are valued at 10 points each.
- Attending the info meeting is valued at 5 bonus points.
- Attending the Etiquette dinner counts for 7 bonus points.
- Attending a speaker from the College of Business Speaker series counts for 10 bonus points.
- Attending a speaker from another professional business organization counts for 3 bonus points.
- Attending a SHRM Winona Chapter event counts for 10 bonus points.
- If there are other events that you would like to attend and receive points for, feel free to ask the current SHRM President for approval.
Categories of Attendance
- Professional – 45 to 54 points total for the semester
- Managerial – 55 to 74 points total for the semester
- Executive – 75 points and above total for the semester